April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. William Shakespeare
Spring is showing up all around with buds popping out of the once desolate landscape. In the United States, it won’t be long before flowers are in full bloom and trees take on their spring foliage.
Spring sparks the intellect with youthful prose and the imagination soars to new heights. Enjoy the season and allow your creativity to blossom in your writing lives.
My Writing Life
I’m pleased to report that I’m making real progress on the first draft of my new mystery, crime fiction novel. Thank you for the “adda girl” encouragement and support of my writing.
Latest Book Review News
Woo Hoo! 5 Stars by Readers’ Favorite – Read the review here! The Long Road Home by Carolyn Bowen
Crime Fiction/Mystery Book Reviewers
I’m looking for book reviewers who would like to read my new crime fiction and receive an advance copy prior to the release date. I’d love your feedback!
5 Fun April Facts & Trivia
- April is named after the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
- The diamond is April’s birthstone.
- This month has many month-long programs: National Poetry Writing Month, National Financial Literacy Month, and Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- In the Roman calendar, April is spelled Aprilis, meaning – to open. The trees and plants begin to open to bloom and flower during this month.
- April’s Honorary Flowers are Daisies and Sweet Peas.
April Calendar of Events
- Apr 10 National Library Workers’ Day
- Apr 13 Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday
- Apr 26 Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- Apr 27 Arbor Day ~ State holiday ~ Nebraska
Where to Find My Novels
Check at your favorite online bookstores and corner bookshops. Click the direct link to begin reading on Amazon. Happy reading!
The Long Road Home: Romantic Murder Mystery
Cross-Ties: Historical Fiction Passages
I’ll be writing and sharing on social media. Hope to see you there, too! Carolyn Bowen
Social Media Hangouts!
These are a few of my social media hangouts! Drop by and say hello!
Love picture ideas? Me, too. Pinners Follow Here!