Quote of the Day: Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” Hamilton Wright Mabie
The holiday season is here along with the jubilance associated with this spirited time of the year. However, whether you’re a big holiday fan or one who’d rather be somewhere else, you’ll probably feel stress – some good and other bad.
Let’s focus on the possibilities of good times this season. What does that look like to you? A Christmas tree decorated with colorful lights and music playing softly in the background with your family, friends, and pets gathered around? This ideal family holiday season idea (mine) or your traditional or nontraditional family gathering is enjoyed by many. The sharing of holiday food and drinks adds to the pleasure of the season.
Some suggestions for the holidays
- Maintain your healthy lifestyle – exercise and stay hydrated – drink plenty of water with lemon or herbal teas.
- Make shopping for gifts fun – plan your shopping trips with an interval for resting and relaxing. You can order online early for items on your list available from retailers you trust.
- Make time for friends and family – Meet friends for coffee and/or lunch. Cook or bake recipes together with family members.
- Take a nature break – breathe the fresh air and become invigorated.
- Give to those less fortunate through charities helping others through the holiday season.
- Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Talk to someone!
What are your holiday plans? Share your ideas with me on Pinterest –Happy Holidays 2018.