Quote of the Day: “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
An important part of my writing life is learning more about the craft and marketing. Today I’m focusing on marketing in preparation for releasing my new mystery thriller.
To stay on top of current trends it’s important to find knowledgeable sources and I hit the jackpot today with an article by Lisa D. Jenkins, Managing Editor of Social Media Examiner.
Jenkins provides marketing predictions for 2019 from top marketers in the world. And, having earlier read predictions by futurist I felt like we’ve just skipped right on through to another decade or two into the far-off future. It was amazing reading about what we could expect in marketing in this New Year.
Here’s a few that caught my attention!
- The rapid growth for voice-activated searches using Alexa and other tools. Going from visual to spoken word searches is going to take on new meaning for marketers accustomed to the web and mobile devices.
- Augmented reality, AR, for close inspection of products and services is on the rise. For example, wouldn’t it be great to experience a travel destination before booking, try out new accessories or clothing, etc.?
- The shift away from active social media interactions back to more passive experiences to entertain and/or educate. The desire to take back control of time and funds normally spent using social media will be evaluated and determined if relevant. According to Seth Godin, author, and entrepreneur, “…the idea of seeing and being seen by the people who matter to them,” will be a priority.
- The stability of email marketing will remain strong with businesses utilizing newsletters to converse with their audience.
- A special note to authors and publishers is the prediction of the increased use of story format content videos for marketing. Check out my YouTube Channel!
Marketers will need to revamp their plans to stay on top of the trends for 2019. The full article by Lisa D. Jenkins, Social Media Examiner is here.
In 2019 stay true to yourself and don’t let the noise of the world distract you from your goals. Let me know your thoughts about the marketing predictions for this year.
I’m counting down the days to the release of my new mystery-thriller. Follow my blog to stay in the know about upcoming events. Thank you!